Nina Simone Official Store
I Put A Spell On You (Mastercut Edition)
This incredible edition will directly zoom you into the true soul of our big MASTERCUT dream of producing the world's most authentic records. Even though the original tapes from these legendary sessions between 1964 and 1965 have candidly aged and matured with quite a few distinctly hearable "characteristics" like ticks, pops, and crackles, the listening experience is nevertheless mind-blowing. With this truly extraordinary lady singing and screaming, sounding like she is standing right next to you, touching and caressing your soul with her voice - this edition will definitely put a spell on you!!
- Vocals, Piano: Nina Simone
- Arrangers & Conductors: Hal Mooney, Horace Ott
- Guitar: Rudy Stevenson
A1. I Put A Spell On You
A2. Tomorrow Is My Turn
A3. Ne Me Quitte Pas
A4. Marriage Is For Old Folks
A5. July Tree
A6. Gimme Some
B1. Feeling Good
B2. One September Day
B3. Blues On Purpose
B4. Beautiful Land
B5. You've Got To Learn
B6. Take Care Of Business
RECORDED TO TAPE
- Year of Recording: 1964 - 1965
- Location: New York City
- Original Tape Number: 9801
- Recording Producer: Hal Mooney
BOOKLET CONTENT LIST
- A Minolta EP 410Z copy of the recording protocol, 2.9.1965, New York City Studio
- Cyanotype of Nina Simone after an original photo by Robert Abbott Sengstacke /Getty Images
- Nina Simone sings for a crowd of supporters and marchers during a rally prior to the last day of the Selma to Montgomery march, March 24, 1965.
- A Polaroid of a microscopic view of the real groove. Side A, "I Put a Spell on You"
- A Minolta EP 410Z copy of an original photo of the Supersense living room studio. Photographer: Ákos Burg, 2021.
- "How to caress", by Florian Doc Kaps. An info sheet about the Supersense master records and how to care for them.
- "Project Mastercut", by Florian Doc Kaps. An introduction to the editions.
Every single edition is handcrafted in the Viennese SUPERSENSE manufactory by a small team of experts in the fields of record cutting, traditional printing methods and packaging design. For the first time in record history, directly cut lacquered discs are available to music lovers all around the world.
The USA Edition of this Mastercut release is numbered: 01-500. Box numbers 1 through 25 are being offered exclusively on Center Stage.